As mothers, all we want is a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and a healthy delivery. Exercise can help you achieve all three! I know, yuck. As if pregnancy isn’t hard enough, right? Well here’s 10 benefits of exercising while pregnant for you to chew on:
- Reduces morning sickness.
- Increases energy levels.
- Improves the mood.
- Helps with weight management.
- Reduces stress.
- Helps with sleep.
- Reduces chance of aches and pains.
- Helps prepare your body and mind for childbirth.
- Lowers risk of complications.
- Helps you bounce back and recover faster.
If you’re a high-risk pregnancy, always get approval from your doctor. If you’re already a physically active person, there is usually no need to stop your normal routine. I always ask my clients to please take extra care, and listen to your body.
Want to talk more about the benefits of exercise? Get in touch!