It’s finally here: The Apple Blossom Festival begins Thursday! Can you believe that?! As you make your festival plans, here’s a list of a few (just a few…) Apple Blossom events we’re looking forward to. We wish you and your family a fun and safe Apple Blossom Festival 2016!
- The Food Fair opens Thursday at 11 a.m. Grab some lunch and enjoy the downtown atmosphere.
- Gesa Credit Union’s Entertainment Lineup is packed full of fantastic performers.
- This Friday night, the carnival will be open for business. Don’t forget they have changed locations and will not be located at the Riverfront Park. The new location is in the empty lot across from Columbia Brewery.
- Grab a girlfriend and hit up the Rustique Divas Vintage Market at Pybus on Saturday starting at 9 a.m.
- If you like cars, check out the John Kalahar Memorial Apple Blossom Corvette Rally on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Also on Saturday, there will be some great plant sales at the WSU Master Gardener Plant Sale.
- The Youth Parade starts at 11 a.m. Saturday. Get there early to find good seats.
- Attention parents of little ones: The Wenatchee Riverfront Railway is open the next two weekends!
- The Renaissance Fair is Saturday and Sunday at Wenatchee Valley College.
- Pepsi Cola Youth Day is a day for the kids. There will be activities and entertainment for all ages.
- Art 4 Kidz is Sunday afternoon at Memorial Park. Check out all the great art work created by local talents!
- The Apple Blossom Musical is opening up May 4. Disney’s Mary Poppins is a show you should not miss!
- The Apple Blossom golf tournament is May 5.
- The Arts & Crafts Fair starts May 6.
- Classy Chassis parade is Friday night, May 6 and you can see the cars at the park on Saturday, May 7.
- 3 on 3 is back May 7. Don’t forget to register for this fun, competitive event.
- The Apple Blossom Fun Run is May 7, right before the parade starts! Learn more about the event and registration here!
- Apple Blossom Radio Control Fun Fly returns and will be a great event for anyone interested in aviation. A scale model of Miss Veedol will also be there!
- The Stemilt Growers Grand Parade kicks off at 11 a.m. May 7. As usual, it will be a great day the whole family can enjoy.
- Rugrat Nation 3on3 Basketball Tournament is also taking place Saturday afternoon, May 7. A chance for the younger kiddos to get into the action!
- Tour De Bloom will roll through downtown Wenatchee on Saturday afternoon and evening, May 7.
- On Sunday, May 8, there will be some great pieces of art in the concourse at Pybus.
- The Apple Pie and Dessert Bake-Off is Sunday, May 8. Enter and have the chance to win.
Whew! That’s a lot! What are you looking forward to this Apple Blossom? Let us know! And visit appleblossom.org for a full list of events.
(World file photo/Mike Bonnicksen. Lewis and Clark Elementary School students dance down the parade route during the 2015 Washington State Apple Blossom Festival Youth Parade.)